Effective Date: January 1, 2017
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW WE USE IT
When We use the term “Personal Information” we mean information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number. When we use the term “Other Information”, we mean any information other than Personal Information that may be collected about you (collectively, Personal Information and Other Information are the “Information”).
1. Information We Collect that You Provide Us. To the extent we offer user registration on the Site certain Personal Information is required to become a registered user (“Member”). Additional optional Information may be requested from time to time. When you provide an email address as a Member you automatically opt-in to receive emails from AdPoint Video. If you would like to opt-out of marketing emails you may do so in the Member Account Settings page.
2. Information We Collect Automatically. We collect Other Information including your IP address, browser type and operating system. We use this information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, monitoring service, improving service levels, administrative purposes, usage trends, research, contact and anonymous reporting.
3. Information Collected Through Cookies. “Cookies” (which may be html files, Flash files or other technology) are text files that help store user preferences and activity. “Web beacons” (also known as image tags, gif or web bugs) are small pieces of code used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. The Site and/or third parties may use “cookies”, “web beacons” and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to collect Other Information automatically as you browse the Site and the web. We use Tracking Technologies to help tailor our content, allow users to move between associated sites without logging into each site, understand Site and internet usage, improve or customize the content and offerings on this Site, personalize your experience on this Site (for example, to recognize you by name when you return to the Site), save your password in password-protected areas, maintain and administer the Site and for other purposes. These Tracking Technologies collect “click stream” data and additional Other Information regarding your visits to the Site, such as your visits to the Site’s webpages, use of our features, and purchasing history or preferences and may also collect your IP address or some other identifier unique to the Device you use to access the Site (“Identifier”). Your Identifier is automatically assigned to the Device you use to access the Site. Your Personal Information is not collected as part of this process. By visiting the Site, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Site through these Tracking Technologies.
We will not share, sell or lease your Personal Information with any third parties except under these circumstances:
1. If you provide Personal Information with us we may share it with employees, contractors, agents or third parties doing work for AdPoint Video in order to enhance the Services, perform maintenance our our systems, make you aware of our Services or personalize the Services for you.
2. We may aggregate users’ Personal Information into groupings such as demographics, regions, interests for the purposes of enhancing and developing our Services and/or demonstrating to third parties certain kinds of information about the Service.
3. We may share your Information with third parties when doing so is reasonably required to perform a request you have made of AdPoint Video.
5. When a User or Member publicly shares any Information on the Site (for example in forums or message boards).
6. If compelled to do so by a Governmental or Judicial body.
YOUR PRIVACY OPTIONS
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may, from time to time, provide links to third party websites on our websites. Please be aware that we are NOT responsible for the privacy policies of ANY third party website you choose to visit. If you have questions about the privacy practices of another site, please read their privacy policies.
Any Personal Information you submit in order to become a Member will be accessible to and editable by you through a Account Administration panel. Members may delete their accounts at any time. We do not provide access to non-Members to their Information. If you voluntarily disclose your Personal Information online either through our website (i.e. on message boards, forums, etc) or elsewhere we can take no responsibility for how that Personal Information is accessed, used, stored or disseminated. Please be careful with your Personal Information.
AdPoint Video is in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age. If we learn that such information has been collected on our Site or that any User is under the age of 13, we will take the appropriate steps to remove this information from our databases and prevent that individual from gaining access to our Services in the future.
U.S. LAW & SAFE HARBOR